We’re only about one month into 2017, and we’re already starting to see some awesome design trends in custom homes that we’re really excited about, and looking forward to seeing more of as the year unfolds. As San Diego custom home builders, we have our fingers on the pulse of what is hot, and in right now in custom luxury homes. We’d be happy to share our findings with you, and even help incorporate some of the following into your home this year.
- Wood tile: a new trend that adds a lot of warmth, character, and a rustic feel to a room.
- Terra cotta: Adds warmth and character in floor tiles, wall tiles, and even accessories around the home.
- Subway tile: it’s nice and neutral, so it goes with everything and is easy to maintain.
- Hygge spaces, nooks and crannies: Hygge is a Danish term that means cozy and warm. This could be in reference to a reading nook, or even a comfy sofa or bedroom. The idea is that the space is extra cozy, even if in an open floor plan, and makes use of pillows, blankets, and the like, to make the space an extra cozy place to gravitate toward with a good book.
- Cork: The use of cork has come back in a major way in the use of adding natural and sustainable warmth and organization to kitchens, offices, laundry rooms, etc.
- Jewels: Rather, jewel tones. Any time you want to add a pop of color to any aspect of your home, jewel tones are the way to go.
- Smart devices: Whether it’s an appliance or electronic device, the use of smart products that save energy and revolutionize the way we live our lives are becoming all of the rage.
- Repurposed and upcycled items: Furniture, household items and beyond are being repurposed, and upcycled into trendy functional items for the home. This trend has been around for a few years now, and it isn’t going away any time soon.
- Heated floors: There’s nothing more luxurious than coming home, taking off your shoes and having your toes warmed by your heated floors. These are great in walkways, foyers, kitchens, bathrooms and anywhere you want a bit of extra comfort for your little piggies.
If any of the above trends interest you to the point that you want to incorporate these elements into your home this year, you may want to hire someone who is a professional in home remodeling in San Diego. San Diego home builders can help incorporate these elements into a brand new custom home you want built from scratch, or the current home you have now that could simply use a bit of remodeling and redecorating.
For more information on services, pricing or design ideas call (858) 793-4190 or fill out our contact form. We look forward to seeing you.