Summer is right around the corner! Soon the temperatures will rise and the sun will to come out to stay all day. This spring has brought an unusually high amount of shark sightings at our local Southern California beaches. When it comes to cooling off in the water, it might be a good time to install a new swimming pool from your favorite San Diego Home Builders. Here are ten pool design ideas for inspiration just in time for summer.
- Brick courtyards are reminiscent of French Quarter classics. They are durable and low maintenance. They aren't overly slippery when wet. They can give a fresh feeling of the south when paired with walled gardens and tropical plants.
- Native solutions are very popular in Southern California. Mimicking a natural pond surrounded with native plants and landscape can provide the feeling of a desert retreat in your own backyard. There has never been a better time for a staycation.
- Choose a unique or exotic shape to your pool. The rectangular pool can be classic but yet so boring. There are so many other designs to choose from. The Montego, Chesapeake, Acapulco, Clearwater, or Santa Barbara pool designs are just five to choose from. However, the opportunities are endless and depend on your space. Think beyond the square.
- Floating pool ornaments such as gazing balls can add some new flavor to the regular pool scene. While they might not be much good for volleyball, the aesthetics and reflections of such ornaments add a unique mood to the pool area.
- Striped patterns fit well within the pool scene. From striped curtains to awnings and even furniture cushions, stripes might even evoke feelings to the south of France in this setting.
- Matching tones can set a great mood. Depending on the color of your pool, matching the tones with surrounding furniture and other structures adds a great aesthetic to the scene.
- A saltwater pool offers a refreshing change from the harsh chemicals of the old school swimming pool. No chlorine smell or burning eyes equals happier guests.
- A built-in stone grill station is a guaranteed crowd pleaser for summer barbeques. The beauty of the cooking area will encourage much more use than the standard grilling setup.
- A built-in bar area is also another crowd pleaser that will bring people together and encourage use of the grill and pool area. Who wouldn't want to sip their favorite beverage of choice while sitting at a poolside bar with great friends?
- A space that flows nicely from inside the house to around the pool and yard area is something to consider for style and function.
Summer is right around the corner. For more information or a quote, call (858) 793-4190, or fill out our contact form. We look forward to speaking with you